There are a variety of ways you can get involved with our organization - and in some cases - right from the comfort of your home. The following list provides a few of the ways you can get involved either individually or as a group.
- Use GoodSearch: Powered by Yahoo - this search engine donates money to your charity of choice every time you surf the internet or shop online. The more you search and shop - the more we earn.
- Become a Virtual Volunteer: This is an exciting new volunteer program. Be one of the first to join in and meet once a month via teleconference to discuss ideas on how to increase our awareness, get your school or company involved in fundraising events and to become an advocate on behalf of the 15 million children worldwide who have lost parents to AIDS.
- Matching Gifts/Volunteer Grants: Many organizations offer their employees matching gifts for their personal contributions as well as grants for the volunteer hours their employees give to their favorite charity. We currently have employees from a variety of businesses participating in these programs - including Bank of America, American Express and Citi.
- Throw a house party! No matter the occasion - birthday, graduation, anniversary, baby or TV viewing party - you can host a fun-filled event and ask your friends to bring a financial contribution in honor of the festivity. No gift is too small!
- Social Networking: Join our community at MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or Change.org. You will be able to meet other like-minded people, upload videos, and share news and ideas that can have a positive impact on our mission.
- Internships: Occasionally, Children of Uganda will need a creative intern or two to help us in our US or Uganda locations. Please send all internship inquiries to email@example.com.
- Send an E-Card: Whether it’s a birthday, holiday or "just because" - we can create a customized e-card for any occasion. The e-card is free and includes our mission and a personalized greeting from you. Email us at for more information.
- Create your own web page: Dedicate a web page that you create to Children of Uganda. You can easily upload a direct link to our website as well as a DONATE NOW button so that your friends can make a contribution easily and securely.
- Share an annual sponsorship with your church, class or family: If making a financial commitment of $984 for a Full Sponsorship or $504 for a Co-Sponsorship is out of your budget right now - no problem! Invite a group of friends or loved ones to share a sponsorship with you.
- Tell us your idea: Is there a creative and fun way that others can easily join to make a difference? Share those ideas! We would love to hear them.
Children of Uganda offers an excellent opportunity for individuals and groups to work directly with the children in its homes in Uganda. The children are bright, curious, and love to receive visitors. Our volunteers always return home with life-long memories and an enriched perspective of the world.
Volunteers have the opportunity to visit Children of Uganda's homes and help out in a number of ways. They can help children learn to read or use a computer, play a game of soccer with a student, help the nurse, paint the interior of a dining hall, or read a bedtime story to a child. Any special skills are bound to come in handy, but you don't need to be an expert in anything - just willing to share your love and life experiences.
After many years of instability, Uganda is now safe for visitors, and during your stay you can take time to see some of the most beautiful sites in the world - the source of the Nile River, Bujagali Falls, Mabira Forest, or a safari in one of Uganda's National Parks. You are, however, advised to research the health and safety risks of travel to a tropical, developing country such as Uganda. Volunteers often seek sponsorship from family, friends and co-workers to raise the required funds for the trip. Prices fluctuate seasonally and depend on the city of departure, but the cost is around $3,000 for a 14-day trip, which includes airfare and accommodations.
For further information please email .